The below information is from the Treasurey of the State of Ohio website.
The Energy Conservation for Ohioans (ECO-Link) program, launched
by the Ohio Treasury in September 2009, offers reduced rate financing
through partnering banks for Ohioans completing “whole home”
weatherization and energy efficient improvements in their homes.
ECO-Link provides powerful lending resources for homeowners to enjoy a
more comfortable home, realize the savings from energy efficient
products, and promote Ohio’s developing green economy.
The Treasury invests your hard earned money to save you money
ECO-Link is not a loan through the Treasury but rather a strategic
investment with lenders to spur energy conservation, a cleaner
environment and a better state economy. Here is how it works.
- The Treasury purchases an investment with a qualifying bank at a
discounted rate on behalf of homeowners who are implementing energy
efficient improvements in their homes.
- The lender then passes along the discounted savings to the
homeowner as an interest rate reduction of 3% for five years on eligible
- Through the life of the loan, the customer pays the bank and the bank then returns the money to the Treasury.
- The ECO-Link program provides flexible financing for Ohio
homeowners who are making weatherization or energy efficient
improvements in their homes.
- Department of Energy statistics show that people weatherizing
their homes with energy efficient products save between 10-30% on their
Visit the EcoLink section of the Ohio Government Website for more information on how to obtain a low cost loan sponsored by ECO-LINK.